Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How Can I Save Passwords?

• Please log in to reply

tofu5

tofu5

• PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
Can you head me in the right direction for instructions on how to save passwords on the browser? I am the only person who uses this computer. The main one I would like to save are the signin(your entire email address) and password for webmail w/Earthlink. As I use ATF Cleaner every day, these get wiped out every day. The Earthlink email guy says the only way they may possibly be saved is in the browser. By the way, ebay always has my username and password, so I know it can be done. Thanks.

N

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
I think you've answered your own question.
If you use ATF Cleaner and these wipe your saved passwords, the obvious solution is not to use ATF Cleaner. All programs like these do is remove the stuff that the browser is saving anyway.

tofu5

tofu5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
I feel better using ATF Cleaner, it is this site that recommended it. When I sign-in on ebay, I hit the first letter and it remembers the username and fills in the password. Even after using ATF Cleaner. I guess I was hoping I could get this to work on other sites also. Thanks for your answer.