Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cooling fan stuck

• Please log in to reply

kredik

kredik

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
Hi friends!
my toshiba satellite laptops fan has gotten stuck on full speed(very loud). I have a quiet and high mode option and use it quite frequently ,howerver,it has lately become unfunctional. I dont have a temp. problem .It just seems to be a technical glitch.. Any help would be great.Thanks

Advertisements

Mephitus

Mephitus

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

this will let you set it between 'lo' and 'hi' manually or automatically...

kredik

kredik

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

this will let you set it between 'lo' and 'hi' manually or automatically...

Ive got speedfan but I cant seem to get it to work. It recognizes my temp(40avg.)but not my fan speed. Ive tried to use it but im lost. Will it recognize toshiba ?

Mephitus

Mephitus

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
if youve already got the latest version installed and it doesnt see the fan then it doesnt support toshiba (yet?... theres a new version in beta right now that adds more... but its still beta... and considering the way speedfan works it would be best to wait till its finished)

before it messed up what was the normal way you changed the fans speeds? (or was it automatic?)

kredik

kredik

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
update!
I rebooted a few times and got back to normal! I have been switching speeds manually before(hi-lo)

i was going thru an IEv.7 auto update at the time of the fan malfunction. Maybe that had something to do with it. I dont use IE but decided to update anyways cuz it keeps popin up and wont go away. I hate ms windows!!

Thanks for your help and will look out for the beta update on speedfan.

Tusen Takk!!