Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot Burn Dvd's anymore always end up getting BSOD Need Help Ple

• Please log in to reply

eliminator

eliminator

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
I have both Nero & Xilisoft Dvd Creator well I used to have no problems at all burning dvds with Nero. Now When I try to burn with Nero even if I set priority level down to low, somewhere about half way sometimes write before it gets done darn BSOD appears and start dumping memory. This screen has claimed one hard drives life, I installed another same thing happens I sometimes get the Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_Area error and a couple more also have then wrote down and also on my camera. I got tired of writing it down, and this BSOD only happens during the dvd burning and vcd also. Well finall found Xilisoft Dvd Creator would burn them without the BSOD occurring this worked for about 1 1/2 months then BSOD started again only now it no longer just affect Nero but also Xilisoft. I have a Medion Md8000 which to my suprise is a very good computer.Also I have Windows Xp Pro sp2 with Intel 4 2.66 ghz and nvidia Geforce 4200 with AGP8X, 111 gb hard drive which came preloaded with Xp Home, I done a clean install of Pro sp2 with no problems. I have updated all my programs to make sure they have the latest drivers & etc.I added to it because it came with only 256 I upgraded to 1gb but just today took it back down to 512 and set virtual memory to custom min 768 max 2304 is this correct for 512mb? I tough maybe the 1gb was causing this but dunno just yet. But it is very annoying I would like to have the full 1 gb for starters but most of all the Da*m BSOD to go away I have tried everything i know to due , but I have not ran a scan to see the temp of the computer nor updated Bios or anything else. I though maybe it needed an sfc done that was not it I have ran so many chkdsk /f it's unreal however I have not tried the chkdsk /r but have ran a chkdsk through rick clicking c drive left click properties and tools tab put check mark into both boxes and restarted Computer and it took a while to run but that wasn't a surprise anyhow I use Kaspersy 7.0 Internet Security, I seen that he had some great reviews I am open for suggestions on changing it but indeed it found stuff that Onecare didn't (which was free since I beta tested anyhow any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks sorry for the long explanation and rambling but I am :) about this.
p.s. the BSOD also happens during a online scan that uses alot of resources
Neil

Advertisements

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Hello eliminator,

Try uninstalling Xilisoft Dvd Creator see if it makes a diffrence. Also what is the make and model of the computer?

eliminator

eliminator

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
Hey thanks for the quick reply I have a Medion MD8000

I went into folder options and unchecked hide protected operating system files and also hide show hidden files and folders and ran a kaspersky 7.0 scan & it found 15 my web search infections in my system restore points and also found adware win32bho & adwarewin32.BHO.pm & adwarewin32agent.yr so maybe there was a problem there but I doubt it however I did change my virtual memory paginfg file from let windows choose it to custom and with 512mb I put in min 768 and max 2304 but I want to put back in my other 512mb which would give me my 1gb back should the custom settings be min 1536 max and 4608 max???
after I changed it in the 512mb I burnt 3 dvds with the BSOD appearing so that may have been the problem I have a feeling it was the virtual memory settings but now I am going to try to burn with nero where I always had the BSOD appear

Thanks In advance

Edited by eliminator, 16 January 2008 - 06:06 PM.

anzenketh

anzenketh

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Hello eliminator,

Have you tried my suggestion previously posted.

Edited by tuxmaster, 16 January 2008 - 09:56 PM.

eliminator

eliminator

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
hello and thanks for the quick reply Yes I did as of now I have no problems either way I burnt dvs with and without dvd creator but previous to doing so I removed one 512 mb of ram and I changed the paging file size to min 768 and max 2304 but I want to put back in my other 512mb which would give me my 1gb back should the custom settings be min 1536 min and 4608 max???
Thanks in advance

anzenketh

anzenketh

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
eliminator,

Just to confirm you removed one sick of memory and now you are not getting a blue screen?

eliminator

eliminator

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
I think it is not showing up now I am going to put it to the test right try to burn with nero on max setting always caused it to occur will let ya know thanks