Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HELP DATA RECOVERY EMERGENCY

• Please log in to reply

thero_cpd

thero_cpd

• PipPip
  • 99 posts
my laptop crashed, I think it might have started to get oo hot as I was running a 3d computer design program called sketch-up (by google)

anyhow its crashed just as Ive finished my work and about to save
THIS IS 7HOURS SOLID OF WORK that ive been doing with 36hrs till university deadline. with all the other work i have to do i cant afford to lose this

please tell me is there a way to recover the data.
if over heating is the problem will this help, cos i cant afford to lsoe the data so i have left it on, placed it in a very cold room and hope a good 4/5hrs of cooling down will allow it to work well, i will be looking on the web tho to check if this is good or bad so i may change this if it turns out to be damaging further.

PLEASE HELP

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
So you basically worked for seven hours and didn't bother to save it at varying points throughout?
Bad luck. If you didn't save it and the system fell over, you'll have lost it because its stored temporarily in memory which by design is cleared when the power dies. Your only recourse is to load the last-saved file and carry on from there.

Please learn from this incident for next time.

thero_cpd

thero_cpd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
cheers for the help but as it turns out, leaving it to cool down in a cold enviroment for 5 hours worked, n it carried on. yes i will save more reg from now on ta