Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft windows xp pro sp2 boot problem

• Please log in to reply

testerzzzz

testerzzzz

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello again...
a few days ago i have this problem and want help to fix it ..

when im restarting my pc when it boots show me a blue screen and tells me that failed to boot from one program and after a few seconds continues...
i want this message to not display again..
if you know how can i fix the boot options plzz comment me
thanks..

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Please clarify this blue screen that you refer to.
Normally if a computer fails to boot it usually means it can't find anything to boot from. It doesn't realistically try to boot off something else just because it feels like it.

karenannie

karenannie

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I had the blue utility screen and now I HAVE NOTHING...the modem will not stay on anymore..did I BURN OUT THE HARD DRIVE. originally the black screen would come up with the computor info on it( Pheonix, etc...) it would read "could read disk drive??? " There was never a disk in the drive..I am getting a bad feeling with this NORTHGATE setup..I'm hearing it may have a short life-span. I PURCHASED IT IN 03????