Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP SP 2 Bootable CD

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Logitek

Logitek

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
I'm having this problem from quite some time now ... and it bugs me to no end :)

I want to make a bootable CD from a ISO file ... this iso file : Microsoft Windows XP Professional Student Edition SP2 Integrated December 2007.iso ...

I simply tried burning the .iso file with NERO 8 Micro on a CD ... it didn't work :) , wasted a good CD :)

I really don't know how to do it :)(

Should I burn the EXTRACTED CONTENTS of the ISO file on a CD ? Is there a program who makes bootable image files ( .iso ) ?

Please help me - - - :)

Thanks in advance :) Cheers :) :) :)

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

Just wondering where you got this version of XP from?

Everything I can find about it indicates a cracked/illegal version.

Murray

Edited by Murray S., 19 January 2008 - 10:08 AM.

Logitek

Logitek

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
well ... I don't think that it is an ILLEGAL version ... it's made with nLite and has IE 7 and WMP 11 Integrated .... so really I don't know :) ... IE 7 and WMP 11 suggest that it's genuine ...

I got this version on windows from one of my friends, that developed it with nLite and stuff ...

Returning to my question ? How can I make a bootable .iso image with Nero ? :|

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Well, you don't as it is illegal.; Your friend downloaded it from the net and made you and how many others a copy of it?

Going to close this. If you feel this was unfair, feel free to PM a Global Moderator or Admin.

In the meantime, if you want XP, buy a legal version.

Murray