Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Anyone ever mod a PS2?

• Please log in to reply

Foxxed

Foxxed

• PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
I just thought i`d ask...

Cuz anyone that owns a PS2 should know that the Ver.9-11 over heat making them run slowly,laggy online,and skip or lock up while playing a DVD.

and the easiest way to fix it is put a 80mm fan over the heat sink like so
Posted Image
Its hacked up cuz i HAD x2 CCFL blacklights in it.....but the converter burned up :)

It just takes a cheap-o 2900RPM/39 CFM fan and it will NEVER lag or skip again :)

So has anyone else done something like that to their PS2 or other Video game console???

Advertisements

l0st.en.Drago

l0st.en.Drago

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
interesting. How are you powering this?

Foxxed

Foxxed

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

interesting. How are you powering this?

right here
Posted Image

All PS2 power boards have one of those plugs in it (may be in different spot)
they are marked with the + & - signs on the board and each port is 12V

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
Its fair to mention that by doing anything to the case of your PS2, you are voiding the warranty and should not expect any help from Sony after your "modding" endeavors.

I am not opposed to people cutting up stuff that they own, especially if it helps it to run better, but we do need to provide that caution.

I can see cutting a hole for the fan if necessary (since mine is 3 years old and far outside the warranty), but why on earth did you cut a hole above the CD tray? If it was for illegal reasons, we do not want to know.

To me it seems like a good way to let dust in that can settle on your reader and mess with gameplay.

Foxxed

Foxxed

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Its fair to mention that by doing anything to the case of your PS2, you are voiding the warranty and should not expect any help from Sony after your "modding" endeavors.

I am not opposed to people cutting up stuff that they own, especially if it helps it to run better, but we do need to provide that caution.

I can see cutting a hole for the fan if necessary (since mine is 3 years old and far outside the warranty), but why on earth did you cut a hole above the CD tray? If it was for illegal reasons, we do not want to know.

To me it seems like a good way to let dust in that can settle on your reader and mess with gameplay.

Yes it does in fact VOID any warranty on your PS2
(There is a piece of tape like stuff on the back right side next to the power plug, thats Void tape as soon as its peeled back or the case is opened lots of little VOIDs appear on it)

Its hacked up cuz i HAD x2 CCFL blacklights in it.....but the converter burned up :)

Yes i know dust can get in it thats why you keep a game in it at all times, and blow it out with compressed air every month or so.

I dont do anything Illegal (to my knowledge) to/with any of my stuff

Edited by Foxxed, 21 January 2008 - 09:02 AM.

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
If I were you, I would consider installing some plexiglass over/under that hole. That would have been a good idea, even with the neon.

Foxxed

Foxxed

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
Yes i know i should put something over it to make it like a window..