Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

File sharing

• Please log in to reply

jussi75

jussi75

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have 2 laptops running Windows XP in an wireless Ad Hoc configuration. Printer sharing works fine. The printer is physically connected to the Host computer. The host computer uses a dial up connection to the Internet and the client computer can access the internet via wireless the ad hoc connection. File sharing is a problem. I can access files on the host computer from the client computer but I can not access files on the client computer from the host computer. The My Network Places window on the Client computer shows the shared files on the host computer but the My Network Places window on the Host computer does not show the shared files on the Client computer. Firewall is turned off on the Client computer and is on on the Host computer. I would appreciate any advice which may be out there. I have scoured the internet for anything related to this problem.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Please post any networking issues here:
http://www.geekstogo...orking-f11.html