Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

m2n e motherboard sound problem

• Please log in to reply

inquisitor_90

inquisitor_90

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hi i'm new to this site and i know that there is already a topic on this subject, but it doesn't appear to help me.

i've just formatted my comp and i installed the software for my motherboard which is an asus m2n-e, but when i try to install the softwar for my sound card, an error message appears "hda audio bus driver required and not found", and then the setup closes.

can anyone help me solve this problem?

Edited by inquisitor_90, 20 January 2008 - 08:22 PM.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
The HD (High Definition) bus driver should be included with the mobo software, otherwise download it from the ASUS website.
Their main download page is here: http://support.asus....SLanguage=en-us

inquisitor_90

inquisitor_90

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
thx for the reply well i tried that and it didn't work, but i'll try it again. do you know if i update my windows xp to sp2 will help? cause i really think that my windows is the problem cause i can't even find my hd audio bus driver in my sistem files. any suggesions?

Edited by inquisitor_90, 21 January 2008 - 09:08 PM.