Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No Keyboard Detected

• Please log in to reply

eleasias

eleasias

• PipPip
  • 82 posts
I recently picked up a new mother board (the M3A32-MVP deluxe Wifi edition) because i was having problems with my old one. I reinstalled windows, and started to get everything up and running. I installed all available windows updates, and from what I can tell, after the updates were installed, I restarted, and now I am getting an error during POST that says "No keyboard detected". It is a PS/2 keyboard, but I have tried antother keyboard and I am geting the same problem. I ahve also tried a USB keyboard. I have checked thenecessary settings in the BIOS, but changing those hasn't had an effect. I read somewhere that it is possibly due toa low CMOS battery. I tried removing the battery for a few minutes, and replacing it, and when i restarted, i was able to press delete to acess the BIOS (i wasn't able to before). Can anyone please help me, its pretty urgent that I get my computer working again, because I need it for school. Thanks in advance for any help.

Eli

Advertisements

eleasias

eleasias

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
Ok,
So a USB keyboard works fine. Its strange. When I remove the MOBO battery, and replace it after a couple minutes, the PS/2 keyboard works fine to reset the time and date on the MOBO, but as soon as i save and exit, and boot up windows, the keyboard is not good again. The keyboard I am trying to use is a wireless desktop set (receiver for both mouse and KB are built in together). the mouse plugds into USB, and the KB in PS/2. I dont want to ahve to go out and get a new keyboard, because this one should still be good, but if that is my only option, I guess I will have to.