Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hard drive suggestions

• Please log in to reply

Fortunas

Fortunas

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
Im looking to buy a new hard drive for my rig, and I am hoping to spend 110 dollars or less. So my question is, barring out 10,000 RPM drives (because they are too expensive, correct me if im wrong), what is the fastest drive I can buy, I will mainly use it for booting windows, or linux or whatnot, but something bigger than say 50 gigs would be awesome.
Thanks, cheers

Advertisements

Kemasa

Kemasa

Nobody

• Technician
  • 1,727 posts
Check out:

http://bensbargains.net/category/37

You did not say what type of disk you need (IDE, SATA, SCSI, etc.), but you can find a disk less than that and quite large, especially if you have some time to watch for specials/rebates.

Fortunas

Fortunas

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
Thanks, I will check it out. And I need a SATA drive

Kemasa

Kemasa

Nobody

• Technician
  • 1,727 posts
Those seem to be easier to find.

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
look for sales! I paid $79.99+tax for my 250 GB SATA hard drive. (western digital) It was on sale at Sams club. I do not know the speed of read write function but it is pretty quick.

Fortunas

Fortunas

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
Thanks for the suggestions. Would it be worth it performance wise to go with a small raptor or similarly fast drive?