Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need FTP client with editor

• Please log in to reply

Storman

Storman

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
Hi

Wondered if anyone can recommend a FTP client that has a file editor included?

Years ago I was using CuteFTP (no longer have it) and liked it alot. So I thought I'd download the latest version on a TRial basis. Don't know what the problem is but the thing just won't run at all. Looked at their own forums and it seems there are heaps of problems with the latest version so I'm reluctant to part with money if it's plagued with problems.

Also tried CoffeeCup which was ok, but did'nt exactly excite me. Functionality seemed basic and limited. It also looked like it hadn't received an update for years :)

I just want to be able to edit html, php, and few other files on the fly without having to open up a seperate editor. I liked the old CuteFTP's ability to do this.

Multiple downloads/uploads would be good as well. CoffeCup seemed to do one at a time which was painful.

Any suggestion ?? It does'nt have to be freeware as I don't mind paying if it's good !

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
have you looked at WS ftp by IpSwitch?

Storman

Storman

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Yes I had a look at their website but saw nothing about editing files so passed it by.

If this functionality is there then I'll try it. However I've just looked at their website again and can see nothing about this is its list of features :)