Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HTTP Web-Inject... Slowing Down Browser

• Please log in to reply

Unreality

Unreality

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Hi,
One day I just went on my Internet Explorer Version 6.0. and it appears that something called HTTP Web-Inject has been activated. Whenever I minimize the browser, or read the title of the browser, it always says HTTP: Web-Inject instead of the usual name/description of web page.

I do not know what is or how I managed to download or activate it, however it is really slowing down my Internet Explorer. It always freezes anytime a video or picture must load and I must end the iexplore.exe in order for my computer to begin to work again.

Any help on how to remove/disable it would be greatly appreciated :)

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Unreality,

Do you work with websites at all? It appears that WebInject is used for testing of web applications and services. It's an actual download, so the only way I can think that you got it is through downloading it from the developer's site. This is the developer's site. Let's check and see if it's an add-on in your IE.

Open Internet Explorer. Click on Tools, and then select Manage Add-ons. A box will come up with a list of the add-ons that are currently in IE, whether enabled or disabled. Scroll through the list and see if you can find it in there. Highlight it, and you'll get the option to disable it. Click OK and close out the box. This won't uninstall it, but it will at least disable it.

It would also be worth checking in your Add/Remove programs to see if there's an entry there for it. Go to Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove programs. If it's there, you can uninstall it.

If those don't work, another option would be to search for it on your PC. If you find a folder related to it, there may be an uninstall program within that folder.

If all else fails, there are user forums located here. I looked at the manual online, and it seemed to only have information on how to use the program, not how to get rid of it.

I hope this helps.

sari

Unreality

Unreality

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Unfortunately, it appears that I have an older Internet Explorer version and under tools I do not have a Managed Add-On tabs. Furthermore, I have checked under Add/Remove Programs and there is nothing there related to Webinject. In regards to searching, I have tried almost every combination of possible words that may in/related to the files, but have come up with nothing.

Interestingly enough, when I posted on the Webinject forum, I was told by the Admin that "

there is no "uninstall" for webinject. just simply delete the files used to run it."

It appears that it is a separate program that you must launched on its, own, from what I can gather from the screenshots on the website, found here "http://www.webinject...eenshots.html".

Although he has not answered my lastest post when I was asking for clarification, it seems that the the words HTTP: Web-Inject should not be at the top of my browser. Regardless of what website I view in IE, I always get the same title in my browser at the very top "HTTP: Web-Inject - Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Rogers Hi-Speed Internet". The latter part has always been there, but usually the former part has the title/description of the webpage.

Is it possible that I have somehow inadvertently downloaded the program (although I do not know how I managed that) and managed to merge it with some Internet Explorer file? Hopefully the Admin on the Webinject forum will answer my post and be able to help, however any helpful tips from you would be greatly appreciated :)