Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE screwing up, PLEASE HELP!

• Please log in to reply

necyomancy666

necyomancy666

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have no idea what is wrong with my internet. It never had a problem until yesterday. When I go to a website, sometimes it has a cannot display page, and the site would be working a few minutes before. The most common thing I am getting though is if I put in a URL, down on the progress bar, it will start going through different sites. For example, I put in "forum.bodybuilding.com" It doesn't need a www. or anything. I put that in, then on the progress bar, it starts going through forum.bodybuilding.com.edu, forum.bodybuilding.com.net, forum.bodybuilding.com.gov, etc. etc...UNTIL it gets to forum.bodybuilding.com.org and then the page will show, but it's not the right page. It is some other bs website, com.org or some crap. It happens when I put in other websites as well. Google, Yahoo, Hotmail, anything. I have cleared all of my cookies, temp, history, recycle bin...have run Norton, HouseCall, SpyBot, CCleaner, AdAware...the problem keeps coming back. I delete all the spyware/adware and the virus scans report nothing. What's the deal? Has anyone else experienced this? What is it, and how do I get rid of it!? Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks!!

P.S. - I have included a picture of what ends up happening.

Attached Thumbnails

• net.JPG

Advertisements

neilnpatel

neilnpatel

• Pip
  • 4 posts
called spyware

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Yes, I have to agree with neilnpatel... you have some malware on your computer.

Go HERE and follow the directions/recommendations. If you need further assistance, create a post in the Malware Forum. Please note that the malware folks are quite busy... so you may not get a response right away.