Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft outlook 2003

• Please log in to reply

bdrew6

bdrew6

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hello. I have Microsoft outlook installed in MS XP SP2. When I attempt to move an e-mail from the in box to the task listing to designate whom should be responsible for this particular e-mail. It works you can open the e-mail within the task. But when you close the e-mail and try to reopen it gives out a 'operation failed to start error.' In order to reopen that msg I would have to completely close outlook and reopen it back. The version is 11 and the build number is 8118. I also have preformed a nondestructive reinstall of outlook to no avail. Any assistance would greatly help. Thanks.

V/R
Drew

Edited by bdrew6, 25 January 2008 - 06:37 PM.

Advertisements

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
Hello, and welcome to Geeks To Go.
Have you asked your system administrator? (Are you the SA?)
This may be a permissions issue set be the system administrator, can you ask your IT department about this?

bdrew6

bdrew6

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Hello and thanks for quick reply. Yes I am the CSA for our SQ. We do remove rights from the end users so they cant modify the root files, just their profile. Whats odd about this error is that it's happing to two users but when I duplicated the steps that they were doing I could not cause the error on my system. I am leaning to a corrupt user profile but that would be odd because he has only had that system at his station for a est 6 months, but I have seen weirder :)
I could just rebuild his profile but the higher ups have like 10 .pst's saved in different places and multiple OMA's. Whatever tips or tricks you could give would be greatly appreciated.

V/R
Drew

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
Hi,
I must apologize for being sneaky.
Our terms of use do not allow me to help you.
Sorry.