Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Malware Removal (vtstt.exe) [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

dddcar

dddcar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Ooops got one more. There are two other users on the computer and the VTSTT errors windows are still popping up on their account.

When switching to their S/N's
1- (Red X) Titled: C:?WINDOWS/system32/vtstt.exe
Windows cannot find C:?WINDOWS/system32/vtstt.exe' Make sure you typed name correctly , and then try again...

followed by the following with a Yellow !
2- Titled : Desktop
Could not load or run C:?WINDOWS/system32/vtstt.exe specific in the registry. Make sure file exists on computer or remove the reference in the registry.

Followed by the same two things I was getting on mine.

3- An 'Entry Point Not Found CCRegVfy.exe' window popped up when my computer restarted that read 'The procedure entry point ?AlertSettingsViolationAAYAXK@Z Could not be located in the dynamic link library CCREGMON.dll.'

4- Microsoft Intellipoint Window is still opening upon entry

Should I do the same steps under their usernames as I did under mine.

Other thing that is strange is that when we go into Control Panel to change the Display (Desktop) It does not let us change the background anymore which it always did. For some reason these are all locked.

Any ideas and many thanks again!

Best regards

Advertisements

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
For this problem

3- An 'Entry Point Not Found CCRegVfy.exe' window popped up when my computer restarted that read 'The procedure entry point ?AlertSettingsViolationAAYAXK@Z Could not be located in the dynamic link library CCREGMON.dll.'

Fix this entry in HijackThis

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccRegVfy] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccRegVfy.exe

Should I do the same steps under their usernames as I did under mine.

Yes do those same steps on the other user accounts, let me know if the problem remains after that

Other thing that is strange is that when we go into Control Panel to change the Display (Desktop) It does not let us change the background anymore which it always did.

Remind me about this at the end when your PC is clean.

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.