Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot delete Icons off Desktop Windows Xp

• Please log in to reply

medsurg

medsurg

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hi
I hope I am in the correct forum.
I am having trouble removing the ICONS off my windows XP desktop. When I right click to DELETE the icons on desktop; it says cannot delete; being used by another program or person, but I do not have anything else running?? The icons that I CANNOTdelete are blue and white boxes ..these square boxes have white with a BLUE margin on top of square with 3 dots in the blue margin (I am trying to explain what these boxes(icons)look like!
I can delete other desktop items..NOt these though
Can anyone please help..This is a used computer with Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer on it as browsers..my IE will not work..also,another owner is registered on this computer as it's used
Hope someone can help!! My account also has a GUESt but no one is logged onto that!

Advertisements

swaps4

swaps4

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
Maybe try rebooting then deleting if that dont work take guest off and try then maybe because the programs are on the guest to ? if not make sure you are on the admin acc. Hope i helped

~Swaps4

swaps4

swaps4

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
It work i guess ?

medsurg

medsurg

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
okay I will try that THANKS!