Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

transfering online purchased programs

• Please log in to reply

billyboy920

billyboy920

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
I am building a new machine as soon as a better selection of X48 chipset motherboards become available. My current machine has an ASUS mobo with an NVIDIA chipset. In the past I have tried to upgrade this motherboard to an Intel board and found that in order to do so, I would need to do a clean install of Vista, because of chipset incomparability issues.

I have several hundred dollars of programs that I purchased on line on my current drive. All my data is backed up on an external HD (Western Digital My Book).

When I do my new build, is there a legal and reasonably simple method of transferring my on-line purchased programs from my old HD to my new HD after a clean windows installation on the new machine?

Thanks

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Any reputable company will let you download them again from the Customer Downloads area or similiar type area. You should be able to get them back.

billyboy920

billyboy920

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Any reputable company will let you download them again from the Customer Downloads area or similiar type area. You should be able to get them back.

thanks