Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

need help clean up my box

• Please log in to reply

rickyc1

rickyc1

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 2:59:18 PM, on 1/27/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\aawservice.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\WINDOWS\svcwinra.exe
C:\Program Files\U.S. Robotics 802.11g WLAN\USRWLANG.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\resfilter32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\msiexec.exe
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://g.msn.com/0SE...S01?FORM=TOOLBR
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://g.msn.com/0SE...S01?FORM=TOOLBR
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://g.msn.com/0SE...S01?FORM=TOOLBR
O3 - Toolbar: Windows Live Toolbar - {BDAD1DAD-C946-4A17-ADC1-64B5B4FF55D0} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live Toolbar\msntb.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIModeChange] Ati2mdxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [fcc793b3] rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\system32\fnadhvms.dll",b
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [sprinit] C:\WINDOWS\svcwinra.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [msnmsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [msnmsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background (User 'Default user')
O4 - Global Startup: U.S. Robotics 802.11g Wireless Network Utility.lnk = ?
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Windows Live Search - res://C:\Program Files\Windows Live Toolbar\msntb.dll/search.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Open in new background tab - res://C:\Program Files\Windows Live Toolbar\Components\en-us\msntabres.dll.mui/229?e5926cc122b7444cb30aecc613a3ff3c
O8 - Extra context menu item: Open in new foreground tab - res://C:\Program Files\Windows Live Toolbar\Components\en-us\msntabres.dll.mui/230?e5926cc122b7444cb30aecc613a3ff3c
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://www.update.mi...b?1188794198156
O23 - Service: Ad-Aware 2007 Service (aawservice) - Lavasoft - C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\aawservice.exe
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O24 - Desktop Component 0: (no name) - C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\prokydora.html

--
End of file - 4120 bytes

Advertisements

Chopin

Chopin

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
Hello rickyc1, and welcome to Geeks to Go! I'm Fredil. I'm currently reading over your log right now and I'll do my best to try to get your system clean :)

Since I'm still in training, there may be a slight delay between my posts because they must be checked by an expert. We'll get your problem solved eventually though :)

rickyc1

rickyc1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Fredil, thanks for looking into the problem let me know what you find.

Chopin

Chopin

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
Hello rickyc1, let's get started :)

Please read my entire post before commencing, and please follow my instructions in the order that they are given :) If you don't understand something, don't be afraid to ask!

1. Run VundoFix
------------------------------------------------

Please download VundoFix.exe to your desktop
  • Double-click VundoFix.exe to run it.
  • Click the Scan for Vundo button.
  • Once it's done scanning, click the Remove Vundo button.
  • You will receive a prompt asking if you want to remove the files, click YES
  • Once you click yes, your desktop will go blank as it starts removing Vundo.
  • When completed, it will prompt that it will reboot your computer, click OK.
  • Note: It is possible that VundoFix encountered a file it could not remove. In this case, VundoFix will run on reboot, simply follow the above instructions starting from "Click the Scan for Vundo button" when VundoFix appears upon rebooting.

2. Deckard's System Scanner

Please download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) and save it to your Desktop. Close ALL open windows before running the scan.

Note: This program will clear your temporary files.

• On the first run, Deckard's System Scanner will provide you with two warnings. Press "OK" and allow DSS to scan.
  • The entire scanning process will take about five minutes, often less.
  • During the scan you may get warnings about sigcheck.exe trying to access the Internet; please make sure you allow it to do so.
  • Your antivirus may also warn you about nircmd.exe; please make sure you do not delete nircmd.exe as it will cause DSS to malfunction.
  • Once the scan is complete, you will get two logfiles - a main.txt (which you see) and an extra.txt (which is minimized). Copy the contents of both into a reply.
On subsequent runs, DSS will only provide a significantly shortened main.txt and not an extra.txt.

In your next post

• VundoFix log
  • DSS main.txt and extra.txt