Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Please help about office 2007

• Please log in to reply

Canorro

Canorro

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
Hi to all, my friend bought a new pc and it came with office 2007 its asking for the key
I just wanna know how do you know of its a trial
I toll him to search for the sticker but he didn't found it.Its a Sony vaio i think from NR series
It came with vista
Also whats weird about it its that i doesn't say trial expire

Edited by Canorro, 27 January 2008 - 04:14 PM.

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
If it came with Office 2007, it should have come with the CDs as well. The key would be on the Office 2007 cd package. There should be information he received with the PC about what programs were installed - Office 2007 should be listed as a separate item. If he has a quote or an itemized invoice for the PC, it would show Office 2007 as a separate item.

If he can't find this information, he should go back to where he purchased it from and ask there.

Canorro

Canorro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

If it came with Office 2007, it should have come with the CDs as well. The key would be on the Office 2007 cd package. There should be information he received with the PC about what programs were installed - Office 2007 should be listed as a separate item. If he has a quote or an itemized invoice for the PC, it would show Office 2007 as a separate item.

If he can't find this information, he should go back to where he purchased it from and ask there.

Okk thx Sari I will tell him exactly + that I also check on sonystyle site and it say that computer has 60 day trial
:) :)

Edited by Canorro, 28 January 2008 - 07:21 PM.

PsychPosse

PsychPosse

• PipPipPip
  • 322 posts
If there is a CD with the purchase, look carefully for it, it looks quite identical to the Windows OS CD.
:)

Canorro

Canorro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

If there is a CD with the purchase, look carefully for it, it looks quite identical to the Windows OS CD.
:)

He says he doesnt have one so were gussing its a trial :)

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
There is information on Microsoft's on how to convert a trial to a licensed version - I believe it can be done with a phone call. I can't give you the link from my phone, but just do a search on their site for Office 2007 trial.

Canorro

Canorro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

There is information on Microsoft's on how to convert a trial to a licensed version - I believe it can be done with a phone call. I can't give you the link from my phone, but just do a search on their site for Office 2007 trial.

I toll him that.but he doesnt seems like he wants to buy it i toll him i could found him a freeware aka open-office.
But he toll me he needed access 2007 anyway thx sari and the others for the info
I also guested it was a trial becuse sonystyle say hes type of pc come with 60 day trial guest he will have to wait until the trial its over to tell if its a trial but since he doesnt have the key its doesnt matter if its a trial or not its useless without the key thank you anyway