Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Subnetting question..

• Please log in to reply

routr

routr

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Anyone here who can explain subnetting to me? This is currently our topic in one of my classes in school and its driving me nuts! We have an assignment on creating 4 subnets using the Class B 172.16.X.X network, at least 100 hosts per subnet. I need to determine a subnet mask and network ID combination that will allow me to have 4 subnets. Anybody here who can explain this? Thanks in advance!

Advertisements

kamille316

kamille316

• PipPipPip
  • 604 posts
I think you should invest some time in reading some tutorials or articles about subnetting, here's a few links to get you started http://en.wikipedia....#External_links
It's against the rules to help anyone with their homework so I can't help you with that.
This one seems like a good read How to Subnet a Network

Kamille

routr

routr

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
thanks for the links!