Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help with window boot floppy disks

• Please log in to reply

hurleyun999

hurleyun999

• Pip
  • 7 posts
have a hp laptop running xp home. every time i turn the computer in i get the blue screen unmountable_boot_volume. i have manged to get the xp boot floppys from microsofts website to run but when i push R to repair the system files it goes straight back to the blue screen. any help please. this is driving me nuts!!!
:tazz:

Advertisements

markedmanner

markedmanner

• PipPip
  • 87 posts
Do you still have your windows Xp installation Cd?

hurleyun999

hurleyun999

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
no and if i did i couldnt use it because the cd rom stopped working 2 weeks before i faced the problems witht the blue screen

markedmanner

markedmanner

• PipPip
  • 87 posts
Is this the message you get?

CLICK HERE

hurleyun999

hurleyun999

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
after i get to the rocery console using the xp floopy disc it starts to do something and then i go back to the blue and istead of unmountable boot volume it now shows ~ntfs.sys~

hurleyun999

hurleyun999

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
yes thats the message but after running the recovery console it has changed to the blue screen i desbribed above

markedmanner

markedmanner

• PipPip
  • 87 posts
Can you even get into safe mode?

markedmanner

markedmanner

• PipPip
  • 87 posts
Sounds like the file system is corrupt! I would tryt his but be sure you follow the directions! Just follow the little yellow arrows that they have in the screen shots. CLICK HERE

hurleyun999

hurleyun999

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
no i cant. safe mode would be a big improvement beasuse all i can get to now is the potion where it asks which boot to perform. theres 5 options~~~1)network boot 2)safe mode 3)safe mode with comand 4)normal startup 5)last working config.~~~~ they all end up taking me into the umountbale boot volume screen