Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IP printing with Linksys Router

• Please log in to reply

bjmoreh1

bjmoreh1

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a problem using my print server with a Linksys router. Is there a way to lock a MAC address down to a certain IP address without having to configure the entire network by hand? In otherwords I am using DHCP from the router to manage IP addresses but for example - everytime the power goes out the Print server gets assigned a new IP address and every computer on the network looses its ability to print. Every computer has to create a new port with the new IP address assigned to the Print Server and then reinstall every printer.

Does anyone know of a way to map the print server MAC address to a specific IP address so it stops moving around?

Advertisements