Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

wireless connection

• Please log in to reply

GinGer88

GinGer88

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i bought a compaq a few days ago and it came with windows vista installed on it.

my mom has a compaq also and hers has xp. we have cable internet using a modem. since my computer wasnt connected to the internet we went out and bought a belkin g router, not the best hopefully not the worst.

after a few problems we finally got the router hooked up correctly and her computer is having a great connection.

mine on the other hand is not detecting the wireless connection and of course isnt connecting to the internet.

ive been to many forums and tried...run <enter> netsh <enter> ipv6 <enter> reset...that didnt work.

im not too smart about all the computer terms...isp, ip, firewall, etc...im not computer illiterate im just not a computer genius. id really like to get connected to the internet...so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thank you!!!!

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Forgive me but you do have a wireless adaptor/card in your computer?
If not, you need to get one. You cannot pick up wireless without one.