Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Install (oops, fixed itself, don't worry!)

• Please log in to reply

Seltox

Seltox

• PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
After starting the DOS installer for XP Professional (via <drive>:\i386\winnt.exe) the setup asks where the windows files are. After putting in destination, it begins to copy to files needed for installation. This continues for a while quite happily, but then it simply stops. The setup shows which files are being transferred in the bottom right of screen, and there isn't anything there now. But setup still tells me to wait while it copies files. I've left the laptop i'm trying to install on sitting for well over an hour in this state, with no results.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Okay, I looked at it, then came and made this post, I went back, and it had started the next stage of installation. Must just be because it's not a very good laptop :) mod/admin delete this thread? I don't know how, if I even can.

Edited by Seltox, 30 January 2008 - 01:39 AM.

Advertisements