Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't unzip or install Office 07

• Please log in to reply

jetred

jetred

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi All. Hope you can help me.

I just got a new computer at work with VISTA installed. Through another party we purchased Office 07 Professional (charity) and we have to download it from the Microsoft site. I got the license codes ok from microsoft, and spent four hours downloading the software EXE file. However, when I unzip it (as directed) nothing happens. It just remains an EXE file. What am I doing wrong? I am new to VISTA and I hate it already!

Do I call Microsoft and wait for techie help, or can someone out there suggest something else.

Thanks. Look forward to your advice.

Jetred in Canada

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy and welcome to G2G:

Normally, an .exe file is self-loading. How are you trying to "unzip" it?

What is the entire name of the file?

Have you tried just double-clicking the file?

Murray

jetred

jetred

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks. Once again, on the line with Microsoft and it seems we needed MS Installer because we didn't have a disk. Anyway, to make a long story short, we got it sorted. Thanks again.

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
No problem. Thanks for the update.

Murray