Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

FireFox Homepage

• Please log in to reply

RobotCody

RobotCody

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
Hello everyone...

Let me explain rather quickly so that I don't waste anyone's time.

I need to find a way to PERMENANTLY set my homepage with Firefox...

I know its got to be possible.

I did with Internet Explorer with some regedit, I tried searching for a similar set of folders to do the same with Mozilla but i couldnt find them.

I like Mozilla alot...I just have friends who are stupid and change my homepage to other websites of some form and Im tired of it. If anyone could hel pme I'de appreciate it.

the about:config doesn't really allow the option, not that I saw. You can change the homepage, but its still editable in options.

Where as the regedit in IE allows me ot grey out the homepage changing in IE when someone clicks Internet Options.

Anyone who can help me do this with Mozilla and I would luv u forever.

Edited by Johanna, 31 January 2008 - 05:16 AM.
removed offensive word

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Locking Mozilla Firefox Settings

Let me know how well this works.

Ron

RobotCody

RobotCody

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
Okay, so here is the problem....I have a friend who wants to do this as well. I did the EXACTly the same thing to his computer...and it didnt work..does a long web address affect if it works or not? Do I need to change IE explorer as well as Mozilla??

Also I would like to make my desktop background permanent as well, for the exact same reason.

Any way you guys can help let me know.

By the way the advice you gave me worked liek a charm, but for some reason it doesnt seem to work on my friends comp, any reason as to why?? Thanks for the help.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
The long url shouldn't make a difference, but you can try shortening it at tinyurl.com to see if it does.

Right-click your Desktop and see if there is a context menu selection to lock it.

Really don't know why it didn't work on your friends computer. The code has to be entered as given otherwise FF will ignore it.

Ron