Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My display is completely messed up

• Please log in to reply

ronin

ronin

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi,

I have a computer running windows 2000 with a Geforce 64 MB DDr card that has been working perfectly fine until recently. I noticed a while ago that the fan on the card had stopped.. fanning.. but I never really had any problems with it. (Games were a tiny bit choppy but no big deal.) However, the other day, my monitor randomly changed to high contrasted, pale colors, with horizontal gray streaking all over the place (it looks like a TI-83 calculator when you're holding it sideways and have the contrast on too dark.)

I know that the problem isnt my monitor because i hooked it up to another pc and it works perfectly.

If anyone knows what is going on, and could help me out, it would be greatly appreciated! <_<

Edited by ronin, 11 June 2004 - 07:54 AM.

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Hi ronin, welcome to GTG! <_<

If your fan quit working, either your card is getting to warm and the memory is producing errors, or possibly you've already fried the memory and need a new card. Is this card still under warranty?

ronin

ronin

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Nope, its a pretty old one- its alright though. I just went to circuit city yesterday and bought a new model of a comparable geforce.. the fx 5500, and everything is working tip-top! (plus, I got a free copy of NHL 2004) :D

Thanks for the help! <_<