Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Strange boot problem, MB-related

• Please log in to reply

Arxmag

Arxmag

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Ive got a PC with Biostar N325-A7, 1 gb of Gskill ram, 90 gb SATA HD, Radeon 9600, and AMD Athlon Processor.
|
My problem is: When I plug in the 20 pin connector, and flip on the power supply it is automaticly powering up my system. Completely ignores the power button on the case (even with the power button unplugged it continues). It goes straight to blank screen, and strangly, doesnt make any beeps. I removed a lot of the hardware to try and force a beep from it, still nothing. I have tried multiple PSU's, Vid cards, and ram.

It's an older board and ive heard of people having this problem. ALSO on the 20 pin plug in on the PSU (the PSU I was using when I started having problems) Some of the pins have burn marks on them. IT may be related. I'd appreciate any help possible before I get another MB.

Also no capacitors are leaking or bulging

Edited by Arxmag, 01 February 2008 - 04:34 AM.

Advertisements

vorybory

vorybory

• PipPip
  • 58 posts
Sound's like the motherboard is fried. Why were you messing with the 20-pin connector? Did you just build this computer?

Arxmag

Arxmag

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Oh, heh, I was having previous problems with my PC turning off at random times. I thought it was the power supply so I tried a different one and then this happened. Oh man and the old PSU made the WORST whining noise ever.

Edited by Arxmag, 01 February 2008 - 02:12 PM.

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Psu went and problably took the board with it, what replacement psu did you try?