Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

bittorrent

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

katje

katje

• Pip
  • 3 posts
hello everybody,

I have a problem with bittorrent. I have version 6.0.1 and I have downloaded 2 files already but when I try to
download more is gives an error, it says:

[core.MultiTorrent.39368a04862ef237348694b2e28a2d7ca17] Torrent got exeption:
exceptions. WindowsError
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "BTL\yielddefer.pyo", line 94, in _recall
File "BitTorrent\StorageWrapper.pyo", line 657, in _write
File "BTL\defer.pyo", line 58, in GetResult
File "twisted\python\failure.pyo", line 258, in raiseException
WindowsError: [Errno112] Onvoldoende schijfruimte beschikbaar

That is an exact copy of the error and Onvoldoende schijfruimte beschikbaar means Not enough space availeble
I've already tried emptying my Temporary files but that didn't help I hope someone can help me.

greetings katje

Advertisements

Storman

Storman

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

....and Onvoldoende schijfruimte beschikbaar means Not enough space availeble

This is only a hunch but I think this message means that your drive has run out of space to accomodate the file you are trying to download.

Whats the size of the file you are try to download? Is it big?

Go to "My Computer" - find the drive where the files are being downloaded to, then have a look to see how much free space is left on that drive. It's possible the file is bigger than the space you have left. :)

Mike

Mike

Malware Monger

• Retired Staff
  • 2,745 posts
I would go with stormans' idea. If you do have enough space, try uninstalling - reinstalling bittorrent, otherwise try a different client such as utorrent. Make sure that when downloading anything you get it from its official source.

Edited by QcX, 02 February 2008 - 07:24 AM.

katje

katje

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
aha yes I'm sorry I forgot about that, I have checked how much space I have left but that is still 40GB and the thing i want to download is like 4 GB :)

Storman

Storman

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
Then I'd do as QCX says and uninstall/reinstall Bittorrent or preferably try a different client such as uTorrent.

katje

katje

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
ok thnx very much for your help, I'll try this and if that doesn't work I'll inform you :)
:)

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
We here at GeeksToGo will not assist you with issues relating to P2P file sharing programs. While many of these programs are-in-and of themselves legal, most things acquired by their use are not. Instead of attempting to differentiate between the legal use of P2P programs and the illegal use thereof, we have decided to stop helping with issues regarding this software. It is also in your best interest to know that many P2P software packages come bundled with spyware/malware/virii and that their use greatly increases the chances of your computer becoming infected. I strongly suggest that you uninstall these programs and refrain from using them at all costs.

Edited by starjax, 02 February 2008 - 09:35 AM.