Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Splicing USB Cable

• Please log in to reply

cykoupai

cykoupai

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have an internal front panel USB cable that need to be extended 12" to the rear of the motherboard to connect to the USB pin header. I need help from expert computer technician, or electronics engineers. How can I splice the USB cable so that it will actually support the end device? I want to extend the USB 12". If you have tried to do this and have been successful, I want to know what procedure you used. For raw materials I have a length of USB cable, 4 core 22 AWG stranded wire, 24 stranded AWG copper, and 26 AWG copper. I'll try any method that you know works.

E-mail to: removed

Advertisements

Rocknrollcows

Rocknrollcows

• PipPipPip
  • 432 posts
just go your local computer supplies store and buy an extender.

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Just to add what he said. Don't go splicing USB cables. You are likely to ruin anything that you hook up to it.

PsychPosse

PsychPosse

• PipPipPip
  • 322 posts
My thoughts too were to buy an extension.
However, I am confused as to your request. Are you talking about extending something inside your computer?