Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

is it hardware or software

• Please log in to reply

ArcticCorsair

ArcticCorsair

• Pip
  • 8 posts
when using certain software , i.e. my DVX media converter or runing a full scan with my antivirus, my coms internal speaker will start to beeeb then after a short space of time will emit a constant loud noise,,,,,,,this does not happen all the time and stops when i reboot or stop using software

Advertisements

Rocknrollcows

Rocknrollcows

• PipPipPip
  • 432 posts
as far as I know, any "beep" sound comming from your computer isn't good

Look through your manual of your MOBO and look for the section called "Warnings"

Could you give some specs?

ArcticCorsair

ArcticCorsair

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Microsoft Xp Media Centre Edition 2002
Pentium R 4 cpu 3.20 ghz
960mb Ram

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
boot your computer up.. right click on my computer ..manage ...event viewer...Here you will find 3 categories and a list of each. Your system reports any errors it encounters here. You want to search in all three categories and look for any details with a red symbol by them. Yellow are also significant, but red ones are the ones to research first.

To research them, the best way is to look inside the details provided. There is a link in there that tells you to "click for more details". Do it. It'll take you to the Microsoft site with some possible causes and solutions.

ArcticCorsair

ArcticCorsair

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

boot your computer up.. right click on my computer ..manage ...event viewer...Here you will find 3 categories and a list of each. Your system reports any errors it encounters here. You want to search in all three categories and look for any details with a red symbol by them. Yellow are also significant, but red ones are the ones to research first.

To research them, the best way is to look inside the details provided. There is a link in there that tells you to "click for more details". Do it. It'll take you to the Microsoft site with some possible causes and solutions.

Thx, but could not find any red warnins a couple of yellow but dont think after check they are cause of problem

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
If you are running monitoring software tell us the temps and voltages, if not start the computer and enter bios/setup and look around for your cpu temp and the voltages of the +3.3V,+5V and +12V.

Also take a look inside if the cpu fan heatsink is cloged with dust use a can of compressed air to clear it out, becarefull don't turn the can on its side, keep it upright, turning it on its side can cause liquid to come out

ArcticCorsair

ArcticCorsair

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Ok,,,,thx for all help,,,,,thankfully it turned out not to be a sierious problem,,,after installing a hardware/fanspeed/heat monitor i discovered it was an overheat problem as you suggested,,, a good clean as also suggested of the heatsink and internal case,,,,fangrills,solved the problem,,,,,,,If anyone else has the problem of internal speaker sounding . I would suggest the actions above as a possible solution,,,,,,once again thx to those who took the time to help solve my problem,,,,,

Edited by ArcticCorsair, 04 February 2008 - 11:18 AM.