Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

songs all within artist folders

• Please log in to reply

ChipsA.Hoy

ChipsA.Hoy

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
A lof of my songs on my Windows computer are within folders named for the artist. I would prefer to just have the songs within the My Music folder so I can see them all at once, for editing, etc. Is there a way to accomplish this, without going into every single folder?

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Chip

Advertisements

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
Hello Chip,

The easiest way to accomplish, especially if all of the artist folders are subdirectories in a specific location (such as the My Music folder), is to do a search for mp3 files (or whatever format they are in). You can then select all the ones you want to move with Ctrl-A, cut them with Ctrl-C, and paste them directly into the My Music folder with Ctrl-V.

Let me know if this helps,

Ax