Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

USB wont work after SP2 Update

• Please log in to reply

Lisa Huffman

Lisa Huffman

• PipPip
  • 98 posts
I guess I should add the north bridge is an intel montara-GM i855GM and the
south bridge is an Intel 8280 1DBM ICH4-M

Advertisements

Lisa Huffman

Lisa Huffman

• PipPip
  • 98 posts
I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling my usb hubs and scanned for new hardware changes to no avail. I have gone through the microsoft checklist as well. On the device manager there are no exclamation points or problems indicated. All say that the driver and that the port is running properly.

When I plug in a camera, jump drive, or printer either nothing happens or it states that my hardware cannot be recognized.
I have tried reinstalling my camera drivers (originally i thought it was just my camera) to no avail.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Hi Lisa, welcome to G2G. Please start your own thread so we make this one confusing.

When you do, please specify the make and model of your computer (Gateway?):

Did you mean Everest instead of Evergreen? If not, run Everest Home Edition and post the mother board and chipset data in the new thread.

Thanks