Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

making hotmail my default email account

• Please log in to reply

mrq201

mrq201

• PipPipPip
  • 252 posts
I have a windows vista laptop. Ok, i will try to be specific as possible. I think everyone knows about craigslist. Well when i click the hyperlinks, i want my hotmail account to open up, not outlook because i do not want to pay for outlook. Does anyone know how to change the default so whenever i click on a hyperlink, it opens up my hotmail account. Thank you

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Normally under Internet Explorer 6 this is configurable to change to Hotmail, however this option seems to have been removed in IE7 for XP and I dare say it doesn't exist under IE7 for Vista either.

You can use Thunderbird to manage your Hotmail account, with a couple of extensions and have that be the default instead.

mrq201

mrq201

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts
i actually use firefox.... any hints with that??

Jacee

Jacee

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 994 posts
  • MVP
Faqs:

http://www.mozilla.o...thunderbird/faq