Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer Problem: Help Please!?!

• Please log in to reply

Blaxican8504

Blaxican8504

• Pip
  • 8 posts
My computer is acting up.

My desktop toolbar has disappeared, as have my my desktop icons. I tried to access Windows Explorer but that seems to have been wiped completely from my computer. I can't even run IE(if I wanted to). The only way I can open programs is through Ctrl-Alt-Del and then choosing a new task.

If anyone has any ideas on how I could possibly fix this, I'm willing to listen.

Thanks.

Edited by Blaxican8504, 21 April 2005 - 11:21 PM.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
I'd start with a visit to the malware forum (see my signature), something is interferring with your shell loading.

You will need to run a few programs from task manager, then post a log if still needed.

Blaxican8504

Blaxican8504

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

I'd start with a visit to the malware forum (see my signature), something is interferring with your shell loading.

You will need to run a few programs from task manager, then post a log if still needed.

View Post

ok thanks