Your logs are clean ! We need to do a few things
Now lets uninstall Combofix:
- Click START then RUN
- Now type Combofix /u in the runbox and click OK
The above procedure will do the following:
- Delete ComboFix and its associated files and folders.
- Delete VundoFix backups, if present
- Delete the C:\Deckard folder, if present
- Delete the C:_OtMoveIt folder, if present
- Reset the clock settings.
- Hide file extensions, if required.
- Hide System/Hidden files, if required.
- Reset System Restore.
- Make sure you have an Internet Connection.
- Double-click OTMoveIt2.exe to run it.
- Click on the CleanUp! button
- A list of tool components used in the Cleanup of malware will be downloaded.
- If your Firewall or Real Time protection attempts to block OtMoveit2 to rech the Internet, please allow the application to do so.
- Click Yes to beging the Cleanup process and remove these components, including this application.
- You will be asked to reboot the machine to finish the Cleanup process. If you are asked to reboot the machine choose Yes.
Below I have included a number of recommendations for how to protect your computer against malware infections.
* Keep Windows updated by regularly checking their website at :http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/
This will ensure your computer has always the latest security updates available installed on your computer.
* To reduce re-infection for malware in the future, I strongly recommend installing these free programs:SpywareBlaster
protects against bad ActiveXIE-SPYAD
puts over 5000 sites in your restricted zone so you'll be protected when you visit innocent-looking sites that aren't actually innocent at all
Have a look at this tutorial for IE-Spyad here
offers realtime protection from spyware installation attempts.Make Internet Explorer more secure
- Click Start > Run
- Type Inetcpl.cpl & click OK
- Click on the Security tab
- Click Reset all zones to default level
- Make sure the Internet Zone is selected & Click Custom level
- In the ActiveX section, set the first two options ("Download signed and unsigned ActiveX controls) to "Prompt", and ("Initialize and Script ActiveX controls not marked as safe") to "Disable".
- Next Click OK, then Apply button and then OK to exit the Internet Properties page.
* MVPS Hosts file
replaces your current HOSTS file with one containing well known ad sites and other bad sites. Basically, this prevents your computer from connecting to those sites by redirecting them to 127.0.0.1 which is your local computer, meaning it will be difficult to infect yourself in the future.
* Please consider using an alternate browser. Mozilla's Firefox browser is fantastic; it is much more
secure than Internet Explorer, immune to almost all known browser hijackers, and also has the best built-in pop up
blocker (as an added benefit!) that I have ever seen. If you are interested, Firefox may be downloaded from Here
* Take a good look at the following suggestions for malware prevention by reading Tony Klein’s article 'How Did I Get Infected In The First Place'Here
Thank you for your patience, and performing all of the procedures requested.