Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Connecting a Phone to a PC

• Please log in to reply

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
I am currently looking at this service:
PCMobilizer

Now I have gone back and forth with their support and engineers and they say its just like using remote desktop from your phone to your pc. So your phone and your pc have an agent running that communicates to their server and thats how you connect. All steps of the process are done with SSL. But they hit you for $9.50 a month, not too bad.

My question is has anyone used this service, is it good quality? Also is there other options? I want to be able to connect to my PC from WM v6 phone. Are there better companies and are there options that are free? My main concern is security though so I want to make sure that everything is safe, which PCMobilizer will almost gurantee.

Thanks for any input anyone has, I found 3 or 4 places where this post could go but I figured Networking was the best!

Have a good day, Go Giants!!!

Edited by jaxisland, 04 February 2008 - 10:00 AM.

Advertisements

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
Any phone using WM6 Pro has an RDP client built into it. Enable Remote Desktop on your PC, which you need XP Pro for and your all set. And its free.

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
Really? Ive only had WM 5 phones but on v6 they added RDP???

I would be very content with that. If I wanted to do the same with WM 5 I would have to use a service like that?

Now is that RDP connection going to be encrypted?