Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless connection EXCELLENT but will not connect

• Please log in to reply

atepinkrose

atepinkrose

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Wireless connection EXCELLENT but will not connect. It also displays a message about the LOCAL AREA NETWORK being unplugged. I disabled the LAN and still even though the wireless signal is connected and excellent it will just not connect. I NEED HELP!! I have already rebooted my computer several times. I restored my system to two weeks before. I've connected it to my LAN and disconnected it several times and I still can't connect. I ran a noton scan and no files were corrupted. I just can't figure out what is wrong.

I've also googled up this problem and have not found and answer. I'm not quite sure if it has to do with software anymore. I'll stop guessing. Please help! =(

Advertisements

one_happy_lady

one_happy_lady

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I've had a similar issue myself in the past. In my case the encryption key was no longer the correct one. I still have no idea how/why it had changed, but as soon as I re-entered the correct one, it would work with no problems again. HTH

atepinkrose

atepinkrose

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
It should still work while I'm at school or any other place that has free wireless. The connection is good. It's just not connecting.

Mike

Mike

Malware Monger

• Retired Staff
  • 2,745 posts
Whats your router model? Have you tried reseting your router and do you have encryption on it?