Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Explorer Issues & Winbudget

• Please log in to reply

DailyDose

DailyDose

• PipPip
  • 85 posts
Hello,

My Internet Explorer is taking 2-3 minutes long to open. When it finally opens and I click any link that creates a pop up window, it will cause that new window to take 2-3 minutes to open while causing everything to pretty much freeze in IE. This morning when the problem occurred, it decided to make my yahoo messenger not want to open along with my AVG. I have since reinstalled both, and both are now working properly. But my IE is still doing the same. I did run a virus scan after reinstalling AVG and it showed that I have something called Winbudget, which was deemed a Trojan. It was removed but I still see it listed in my program files. Does anyone know what Winbudget is? I know I don't want it because I don't know what it is. Also, should I try reinstalling IE, I'm running IE 6 because I really don't want IE 7. I also, have firefox and that opens and works like a champ. But I still like to use IE and I would like to get it working like it should. It normally just takes a few seconds but 2-3 minutes is making me think something is wrong. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Advertisements