Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Bad Sites - Found Another One

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Will_00

Will_00

• PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
Hello All,

I was recently viewing a site and decided to download a certain game - despite the McAfee Site Advisor's Yellow Mark - and opened the "Setup.exe" file. Unfortunately I opened it to find a completely black screen and a constant beeping in the computer. This was from: publijuegos.com (Which apparently stole all of the files from downloadfreegames.co.uk before they stopped allowing downloads from their site due to overwhelming amount of traffic. Now they have to supply a mirror and are stuck with this one and are not fully aware it contains Virus'! When browsing for "bad sites" I added a bunch of them all together into one text file - for future reference.

With Thanks,
Will_00

Removed attachment so as to protect others who might be curious

Advertisements

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
This is not the area for such posts. Thanks for the help though.