Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ABC.com Online Episodes

• Please log in to reply

gadfly

gadfly

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Every time I try to watch an online episode on ABC.com I get an error message saying that it cannot find file "MovePlayerUpgrade.exe". Can anyone tell me why it is doing this and what I can do to fix it? I used to be able to watch these episodes with no problem....now I keep getting that error message and I click "ok" and internet explorer locks up and I have to close it.

Advertisements

Ax238

Ax238

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 1,323 posts
Hello gadfly and welcome to Geeks to Go!

This is probably an upgrade to the streaming media player used by ABC. You can try downloading the newest version from the Move Networks website:
Move Networks Inc » Home

Regards,

Ax

mvarela

mvarela

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,
Just delete the folder named "Move Networks" with all its content. When you go again to ABC.COM to watch episodes the ABC site will reinstall the folder for you (automatically, just follow the simple instructions provided by them) and it will reinstall the needed MovePlayerUpgrade.exe file. That's what I did and everything is fixed!

By the way, the folder is located under your user's folder in drive C. The error window that appears while trying to view the episodes will show you precisely where it is located.

M. Varela

LwChinn

LwChinn

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Thanks for your recommendation. I tried to delete the "Move Networks folder, but I get a message saying that I need permission to delete it. How do I do that?

PedroDaGR8

PedroDaGR8

• PipPipPip
  • 786 posts
Try doing the reinstall, that should help.

LwChinn

LwChinn

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Sorry, but the "reinstall" of what? And, how?

PedroDaGR8

PedroDaGR8

• PipPipPip
  • 786 posts
See the second post in this thread (the FIRST person to reply to you).

LwChinn

LwChinn

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Did try downloading Move Networks player, but receiving same error message that it can't find the MovePlayerUpgrade.exe file. Also, tried to delete the "Move Networks" folder with all its contents, so I could reinstall, but Vista tells me I don't have the permissions to delete those files. Checked Properties and my user name does have Full Control.

PedroDaGR8

PedroDaGR8

• PipPipPip
  • 786 posts
Hmmm....are you using Firefox or IE?

LwChinn

LwChinn

• Pip
  • 7 posts
IE 7

Advertisements

PedroDaGR8

PedroDaGR8

• PipPipPip
  • 786 posts
In IE7 try going to tools add-ons and disabling the plug-in and see if it prompts your to reinstall when you visit the content.

LwChinn

LwChinn

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Disabling the plug-in did it! It did prompt me to reinstall the program. Thank you VERY much for your diligent help! You've definitely earned your Geek points on this one. Thank you!

PedroDaGR8

PedroDaGR8

• PipPipPip
  • 786 posts
Thanks! I'm glad I was able to help.

LwChinn

LwChinn

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Now that I'm finally able to watch streaming video through the Move Networks player, is there a way to copy what I watch on to a DVD?

PedroDaGR8

PedroDaGR8

• PipPipPip
  • 786 posts
Nope, that is why ABC uses the Move Player, it has all sorts of copy protection built in to prevent people from recording the stuff shown online.