Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vista and Halo 2

• Please log in to reply

Gemius

Gemius

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
I've been playing Halo 2 on my Vista Home Premium system for some weeks. I've played through the game and while I was playing the screen seemed to be moved over to the left slightly though it didn't spoil anything and returned to normal once I quit the game.
When I'd completed the game however my desktop was moved over to the left and a black band is left down the right hand side. The start Icon and the list of options on the left of the screen is now unaccessable. I can still use the internet and e mail as the desktop Icons are still accessable although they are scattered everywhere.
I've tried loading the game and quitting as normal to see if it would re set but to no avail.
The desktop won't drag over though web pages do.
As I can't access any programs I'm stuck as to what to do. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Advertisements

tanda

tanda

• PipPip
  • 81 posts
Hi, I'm no expert, but can't you move the screen over with the monitor display buttons, the ones that adjust the screen size etc on the actual monitor?

Gemius

Gemius

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
Thank you Tanda.
Yes I was able to centre it on the monitor using the remote. The resolution had also changed causing everything to appear larger but I realised that and was able to alter it on the computer. So back to normal now.