Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Tornado Outbreak

• Please log in to reply

zorba the geek

zorba the geek

• PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
Just heart it on CNN,i hope and pray for every body to be unharmed!All of you living in the south please take good care and stay out of harms way!

My prayers are with you
zorba

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
I'm in the South (MS). What happened? Must have slept through it. :)

Ron

zorba the geek

zorba the geek

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 758 posts
Texas,Alabama.......yesterday
Now it's going to blow in Waschington DC!
That's according to CNN!?

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
The sirens went off about 1:00 AM.
There where tornado warnings.
My cats where scared.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Sure missed all that as it was raining and lightning here and that puts me right to sleep.

Ron

hfcg

hfcg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
I guess that I need to develop a healthy fear of storms.
When I lived in FL we only had hurricanes.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
My hometown is Tampa and I even liked the hurricanes when I was growing up. We never left home when they came through and the house was built in 1904. Guess they built homes better back then.

I still remember how neat it was to watch the wind blowing in one direction, then the calm while in the eye of the hurricane and it all starting again in the opposite direction. I even slept through Hurricane Katrina here, but this still living in a FEMA "tin can" sucks. :)

Ron

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts

I still remember how neat it was to watch the wind blowing in one direction, then the calm while in the eye of the hurricane and it all starting again in the opposite direction. I even slept through Hurricane Katrina here, but this still living in a FEMA "tin can" sucks.

You slept through Katrina?? Wow, you must fall into a really deep sleep.
James

Tal

Tal

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 2,138 posts
Oh boy, I wish it's not serious...

Must be a rather... Interesting experience, eh Ron?

hfcg

hfcg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
I slept through Charlie, and we where right in the middle.
What else can you do?

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts

You slept through Katrina?? Wow, you must fall into a really deep sleep.
James

Actually I slept at the shelter on the concrete floor so it wasn't that deep of a sleep. :) Same shelter I was in before for a hurricane except we didn't have the roof ripped off and all the power poles didn't get torn down on the street where shelter was. You do meet some interesting people at shelters.

Ron

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
I was in Mt Pleasant, SC (near Charleston) for Hugo in 1989, and I will never forget the constant roar of the wind, along with the sound of sturdy things snapping. It was so still during the eye that we peeked outside, and got our first indication of the damage. Round two was just as intense, but it seemed like it took longer. After the storm, hustlers were selling bags of ice for $10, and you couldn't buy gasoline, at any price. I was managing a 7-Eleven store near the hospital, and we were one of the first areas in town to get power restored. (The store had bare shelves within hours.) The next day we heard chainsaws everywhere. Our house didn't fare too badly, but a neighbor had a tree crush most of her living room, and another on top of her car. The storm rearranged quite a few lives, and some people left and didn't come back. Most people just started cleaning up. We took the kids to the beach last summer, and I hardly recognized some of the old neighborhoods. The area has had lots of development since I've been gone. Katrina brought back a lot of emotion and memories for me, and I was safe and sound in Ohio, and glad.
Johanna

frantique

frantique

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
:) Gosh, I realise how blessed I am to be in my cosy little home with wonderful weather. I suppose when you've grown up in such weather conditions you become somewhat blase about the effects. You must be a tough bunch! :)

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP

but this still living in a FEMA "tin can" sucks. :)

Ron

Ron, after 2 1/2 years, you're STILL in the FEMA home?? :)

Mike

Mike

Malware Monger

• Retired Staff
  • 2,745 posts

My hometown is Tampa and I even liked the hurricanes when I was growing up. We never left home when they came through and the house was built in 1904. Guess they built homes better back then.

I still remember how neat it was to watch the wind blowing in one direction, then the calm while in the eye of the hurricane and it all starting again in the opposite direction. I even slept through Hurricane Katrina here, but this still living in a FEMA "tin can" sucks. tongue.gif

Ron

Hey I used to live in Tampa(well hour south) luckily hurricanes never went right over us ( at least in the 14 years I lived there ) so the worst thing was the rain and flooding for us, but schools being closed down made it all OK :)

Edited by Suerte, 07 February 2008 - 01:44 PM.