Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Picasa 2

• Please log in to reply

chiquita77

chiquita77

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
Hello I would like to ask if anyone knows how I can have Picasa 2 work again. I have many files on the program and when I try to open it the computer says the application has failed to initiate properly. Can someone please help me? Thank you

Advertisements

tallin

tallin

• PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
Hello Chiquita77,

I am sorry you are having problems with Picasa. The latest version of Picasa is 2.7.0(build 37.36.0)

Before you do the following suggested tips please create a system restore point. Start > all programs > accessories > system tools > system restore and follow the promps.

I would now suggest you uninstall Picasa from Add and Remove after first downloading to your desktop the latest version above.

I then suggest after uninstalling the old version, open your C:\ Drive > program files > locate the Picasa folder and delete it so you give the new installation the best chance of installing correctly to your machine. Reboot, and only then install the latest Picasa download and see how you go.

You will not loose your folders as they are all duplicated in your My Pictures Folders that should be showing in your My Documents. Picasa picks them all up from your My Pictures Folder when you install the new version.

Good Luck and please post back how you are going or with more questions if need be.

kind regards,

chiquita77

chiquita77

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
Thanks so much for your help/ I did a system restore on my PC and everything now seems to be working fine.. Again thanks for your help. Elsa

tallin

tallin

• PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
:) Excellent, so pleased to be of help to you.

kind regards, :)

chiquita77

chiquita77

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
Hi, The same thing happened again. I did a system restore once again and it is working. I am afraid to uninstall because I have lots of images I have downloaded from my friends Picasa pages and I would probably have to download them again. Do you have any advice?