Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blocking the End User from changing IE Security Settings

• Please log in to reply

TFM01

TFM01

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am working on a blocking my end users from doing file downloads from IE. I have that part setup and ready to push out via run once in a regkey.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\3]
"1803"=dword:00000003

OK so that great however the problem is that nothing is stoping the end user from going to 'Tools>Internet Options>Security>Custom Level' and enabling File Download. I know the chances are slim that my end user would know how to access this in the settings but I would still like to "Gray Out"/prevent them from reenabling. Im looking for a reg location that would disable the changing of this from the 'Tools>Internet Options>Security>Custom Level' or disable access to 'Tools>Internet Options>Security>Custom Level' all together.

Advertisements

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
Hello, and welcome to Geeks To Go.
Please clarify for me, You are the system Administrator?

TFM01

TFM01

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I am currently in a Helpdesk Supervisor position and my team and I are responable for all workstations/servers in the company. We do NOT have a System Administrator role in the company at this time.

Edited by TFM01, 07 February 2008 - 09:34 AM.

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
I am sorry.
Our Terms of use will not allow me to help you.

Edited by hfcg, 07 February 2008 - 09:35 AM.