Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

complete control?

• Please log in to reply

dudemanguy

dudemanguy

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
My machine at work is eing used to get onto sites that need not be explained. I put all settings to the highest levels of concern and adjusted my privacy security and content settings to the highest levels and added a massive list in the restricted sites. What else can I do?

Advertisements

Alex_McIntosh

Alex_McIntosh

• PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
You could warn them not to? Remind them that it is a work area.

You can create a limited acount, that will stop them accessing certain computer areas. But password protect yours so they cannot login.

You can get a family filter online, this will treat them as a "Child" so to speak, but it will restrain them from that sort of websites. What anti-virus do you have? I think Norton has a means of putting on a child lock...

Uhhmm... Im out of ideas but if i do find a good program that will help i will post here again, but it shouldn't take much online google browsing to find one. Another good thing though is what you are doing, you are putting them on the restricted sites list...

The only problem is if they wanna be smart, it isn't hard not to take a website off the list, so you need a back-up plan if they are going to do that to you. Keep on blocking them though meanwhile.

Hopefully this helps :) I'll try and get back here soon with more ideas :)

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
If you use content management software, it is password protected so nothing can be removed or changed except by you. Maybe use a filtered Internet service.

Ron

Alex_McIntosh

Alex_McIntosh

• PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
There you go, that is some good software to use. :) Hope this all helps you.

dudemanguy

dudemanguy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Thanks, very much! This should learn em!

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
:) :) Good luck.

Ron