Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No Network after connecting trend micro but can internet

• Please log in to reply

sires6

sires6

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
I just changed AV/FW software to TrendMicro Internet Security Pro. I have a vista desktop and an XP laptop. Had all connected but when I started with TMicro, lost network. Can't ping laptop from desktop, nor can I ping desktop from laptop. I have Sereniti's Net trooper, which can "see" the other laptop but can't connect.

Had all connected, could see folders, printers and share totally between the two, but now can't for some reason.

Please help

Advertisements

lizgold

lizgold

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
Hi--

I'm not an expert, just another user, but what worked for me was rebooting the router.

Good luck!

sires6

sires6

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
No joy. So, anyone out there with some suggestions? I'm kind of stuck and can't print from the laptop.

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
This is most likely a setting in the TM Firewall.
Check your security settings. If they are set to High, try setting them to Medium.
I have encountered this problem with Mcafee, so Trend Micro may be the same.
(Not that Mcafee is comparable to Trend Micro).