Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Big Red Cross on my Local Disk C:/

• Please log in to reply

Ammar

Ammar

• PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
Hi!,
I just finished fixing my computer from the HijackThis log section and I just noticed that my Icon for the Local Disk C:/ is gone and is A big red Cross(X). Also everytime I right click the computer first goes through some Easy CD creator 5 installation and then asks me to burn the Disk onto a Cd. When I press cancel then the drop down window for right clickin opens.
Please help
Thankyou!

Advertisements

Ltangelic

Ltangelic

Angel Annihilator of Malware

• Retired Staff
  • 2,008 posts
Could you try posting a log again, and tell the malware experts (in particular the one who helped you last time) what happened to your computer, it's highly likely that a previous infection caused this.

Edited by Ltangelic, 09 February 2008 - 06:42 AM.

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
LtAngelic, for future reference, if a user has been sent over here from the Malware Removal forum and has told his log has been clean, do not tell him to go back and post a new log. You will just be wasting another helpers time.