Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook Express

• Please log in to reply

Dutch60

Dutch60

• Pip
  • 8 posts
In Outlook Express when I open an unread msg it is displayed in a Minimized window. How do I get it to automatically open in a Maximized window for all msgs I open?

Advertisements

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Got this from OE. Maybe it can help.

To change the display of the preview pane

The preview pane lets you view message contents without opening the message in another window. To preview a message, click its title once. To open it in its own window, double-click the title.

You can position the preview pane either below the message list or beside it; you can choose to display or hide the message header; or you can hide the preview pane entirely.

On the View menu, click Layout.
In the Preview Pane area, select the options you want and then click OK.
Note

To resize the preview pane and the message list, point to the divider between them until you see a double arrow, and then drag the divider up or down.

Dutch60

Dutch60

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Thank you for your reply to my problem. I tried your suggestion about stretching out the window, after opening a msg & all subsequent opened E-Mails were displayed in this stretched out mode. Thanks again.

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Glad we could help. :)